FUMC Prayer and Care Ministry
Mission: To pray, connect and care for people in & outside of our church FUMC.
- Pick up prayer requests from prayer basket and offering plate person.
- Make a list of Requestor names, who is the request for and what is their need.
Monday am: P&C Team Members meet in chapel, go over the prayer requests and say a generic prayer for all the requests received. Prayer request should be kept in confidence.
Disperse requests to Prayer & Care Team (P&C Team) Members.
P&C Team Member will follow up:
If prayer is for someone within the church family:
- Pray for people’s request
- Send card informing the person we are praying for them
- Contact the person on the card and inform them we are praying for them
- Contact the person on the card and ask if there is something (non-Medical), we can do for them. E. a meal(check for food allergies), a visit, drive them somewhere.
If a meal is needed, P&C Team Member will contact the group that makes meals and request a meal (or 2). Between the two of them, they will decide who will deliver the meals.
If it’s a visit, P&C Team Member will coordinate the visit, from himself or herself, Pastor, someone else
If it’s a ride, P&C Team Member will coordinate the ride.
If prayer is for someone outside the church family:
- Pray for people on their request
- Contact requestor and ask for a mailing address
- Send card/note letting the person know we are praying for them
Every couple of weeks Prayer & Care Team will review the old lists and check in with these people.