Our purpose as the organized group known as the Women’s Ministry, is to be a community of women seeking to know GOD and to experience freedom as whole persons through JESUS CHRIST; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
We work and minister in the following ways:
- Ladies Living Single Bible Study – 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 10:30 am
- “Knit Wits” – Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Lenten Lunches – prepare and serve lunch for a community-wide time of devotion during the Lenten season
As a group we have financially contributed to the following:
- Altar Fund (benevolent fund to assist needy with utility bills)
- A.M.E.N. Food Pantry
- World Hunger Offering
- Storm Relief
- Ellen Warriner Memorial Cabin
- Seminary Fund
- Alaskan Mission
- White Christmas Basket Fund
- Wesley Foundation at Northeast Mississippi Community College
- Little Blessings Daycare at FUMC
We assist other work areas in the church when needed and support the emphasis of the church. We endeavor to provide Christian fellowship for the women of the church and to minister to the needs of our members.
Any woman may become a member who verbally states her desire to be a part and participate in the purpose of the organization. It is our desire to form additional small groups for creative, supportive fellowship emphasizing prayer and in-depth Bible study. We challenge you to join us in practicing our faith in personal and societal relationships.
Who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves… for I am among you as one who serves. Luke 22:27